On Saturday, we went and got our Christmas tree! We went to a place we've gone every year since 1998... just a family's home where the husband planted trees in the back yard, and the advertising is all by word of mouth. You pick any tree you want, any size or type, and it's only $15!! I know, I know--after a few years, we could easily have paid for a nice artificial tree. But there's just something about that fresh-cut, pine-y smell in the house! I'm addicted!! :)It was a really fun, family time getting our tree. Marissa helped cut it down, and David & Marissa hauled it to the van. When we got home, I put on some Amy Shreve (harpist) Christmas music and put the lights and garland on the tree. Seventeen-month-old Naomi walked throughout the living room saying, "Lights! Lights!", and Jesse (3 yrs.) came in a while later and said, "This is COOL!!!". The kids added the ornaments later.
I'm working hard at keeping this Christmas as relaxed as can be. We've already delivered gifts to my side of the family, so all we need to do is send off a few to Matt's side and pick up some more gifts for the kids (and each other!), then we're all set. We're also holding the cost down, too. I bought a bunch of stuff for the kids at a second-hand store last week. They will not mind at all! :)
I was feeling really stressed-out about trying to get the painting in the kids' new rooms done so they can move down there soon. But I realized I was creating stress that I was trying to avoid. Then, I got sick and spent most of Monday sleeping, and yesterday resting a lot, still. It helped put it all back into perspective. It just doesn't matter that much WHEN the kids get into their rooms! It will happen, soon enough. :)




1 comment:
It is rather my "job" to get the tree in motion each year, but I convinced my husband to go get one early this year, and have been enjoying the lovely pine scent for a while now! So nice to see all the lights, too.
Post a Comment