
Yesterday, I finished painting the mural in Marissa's bedroom!! It was time consuming, but lots of fun. I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree, but haven't done a painting since I graduated in 1992, so it was really fun to do one again! This is the largest painting I have ever done, and the first with interior house paint, so it was a learning experience! I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. :) The grass, trees and sky continue all around the other walls in the room. (I realized after I snapped this shot that I forgot to take the blue masking tape off the beam.)
Marissa is moved into her room now, too! :) We had been in town all afternoon & evening, so it was the kids' bedtime when we got home and began moving the furniture. All the kids except David (a very big helper!) went to sleep in our room while we worked. After we were ready, we awoke Marissa to have her walk down to her room. This morning, we had a laugh because she had no recollection of going down there! :)
We also moved Joshua's new "big boy bed" (twin size) up to the space where Marissa's bed was. He'd been sleeping on a crib mattress we kept underneath Marissa's bed during the day, kind of like a trundle bed. He was SO excited this morning when I told him it was his new "big boy" bed! :)
Jesse, too, got a "promotion" last night, getting Joshua's crib mattress instead of camping out in David's queen size bed. Little does Jesse know that once David's room is finished, he will be getting a twin-sized bed, too! He feels like such a "big boy" now, even without the twin bed! :)




3 comments:
Very nice room, neat painting Amy.
Mom
It looks GREAT!! I especially like the shadows. Can't wait to come see it in person (and I know someone who will want to sleep in that room, too!)
Amy~
You are quite the artist! Beautiful mural!
Post a Comment