Today is my sister Rachel and her husband Jason's third anniversary. I want to wish them a very happy day and let them know we're praying for them to live many, many more years to be together!Rachel & Jason met at the end of March 2002, were engaged by June and married in December. This all occurred in about the length of my fifth pregnancy! :) They met a few days before I took a pregnancy test, and were married two weeks after Jesse was born. :) I was supposed to be a bridesmaid, but Jesse was in the NICU due to respiratory issues, and was discharged only 5 days before the wedding. So we weren't able to go to their wedding.
An interesting fact is that Rachel had her wedding gown several years before she met Jason. A bridal shop in our town was going out of business. Since Rachel & I are about the same size, I tried on several gowns and had my sister-in-law (who was visiting at the time) take photos of me in each dress. I sent the photos to Rachel, she chose one, I put a ridiculously low offer on it (I think it was $50), and it was hers! :) Before the wedding, Rachel altered the sleeves a bit, and she was all set to go!
Rachel & Jason have a 9 1/2 month old son named Benjamin and are expecting a new baby in June 2006. Benjamin is our grandfather's middle name, and the name that my parents were planning to use if Rachel was a boy. It is also a special name in our family because Benjamin was the name we always used to refer to our brother or sister who was miscarried. I think it's extra special that they chose this name for their first son. :)
I also like the fact that Jason & Rachel give each of their babies a nickname as soon as they find out they are pregnant. Benjamin is their "little Munchkin", this new baby is "Pumpkin", and their first baby, who died in the first trimester, was "Peanut".
I confess I don't know Jason really well, even though he's been a part of the family for 3 years now. We live an 8 hours' drive away from them, so the times we see each other are few and far between. I can tell that Jason is really good for my little sister, though, and that they are very happy together! They have had some tough times that God has carried them through, and I am glad that He gave them each other to share life as a couple and family. I hope they have a really good day today and have fun celebrating a bit more on Saturday! :)
Happy Anniversary, Jason & Rachel! We love you!!




No comments:
Post a Comment