12.31.2005

Follow-up MRI


I had a follow-up MRI on Thursday the 29th. This photo isn't of me, but it's a similar machine and that's what it looks like when I'm about to go into it. To have a brain scan, you really don't go very far into the machine--the edge of it is about at my lower chest, or maybe around my belly button. I can easily see out, as long as I only use my eyes to look, and don't move my head and mess up the imaging!

David came along with me and got to sit in the control room. When I was about to go into the machine for the imaging, I lifted my head up and saw him. We waved at each other. I think he enjoyed being in the control room, and it was a good experience for him to actually see the whole process.

I think from here on out, we'll be on an annual schedule as long as there is no sign of recurrence of my meningioma brain tumor. We will probably get a call soon from the local neurosurgeon (who ordered the MRI) to let us know the results. We will also get a copy of the MRI report, as well as the MRI on CD, to add to our growing collection. This was my 6th MRI (in less than 18 months)!

6 comments:

Wife, Mom, Teacher said...

So did you get the results yet??

Amy :) said...

No, we haven't heard yet. When I had my first MRI, it took SIX DAYS for someone to let me know there was something in there!!

Since it's just a follow-up MRI, I am not expecting they'll be in any big hurry. We may just order that MRI report and find out ourselves what the radiologist has to say about my brain, before the neurosurgeon gets to us! :)

Wife, Mom, Teacher said...

I hate how long it takes for test results usually!

Anonymous said...

The picture didn't bother me.

Mom

Amy :) said...

I'm glad, Mom! I thought it might be nice to see what it looks like. :)

Anonymous said...

I have seen MRI machines before that is why I know I don't want to have a MRI. Mom