

Okay, this might be a strange title for a blog, but I just HAD to mention our "brain tumor adventure" we had last year. And, I did have my staples out a year ago today... all 44 of them! If you go to my profile and click on my website, you can read all about our adventure.
Long story short, I was diagnosed with a meningioma brain tumor in August 2004, 8 weeks after giving birth to our sixth child. It was located smack dab in the middle of my head. Literally.
I was referred to an amazing 70-year old neurosurgeon in Evanston, Illinois, who was able to remove 100% of my brain tumor on Oct. 26, 2004!! My vision is totally back to normal and I have had NO bad side effects that many people have after having a brain tumor and/or brain surgery.
In fact, my husband says that the only thing different about me after my surgery is that I'm more outgoing! Which is caused NOT by the brain tumor itself or by my brain surgery, but by seeing God carry us through something this HUGE!
We had SO many people from around the world praying for us, and we could totally feel God's presence with us throughout the whole time. Matt even started to tell someone that he wished they could go through an experience like this--that is, until he realized he was wishing a BRAIN TUMOR on them!!
Seriously, though, this experience gave us a tiny glimpse of how BIG God is and how MUCH He loves us!! I love telling people the story, because I hope it encourages them that God loves them that much, too!
God loves YOU that much!! He is big enough to carry you through whatever you are dealing with right now!




3 comments:
Amazing! What a testimony you have to share. Those staples look really painful! I am so glad they were able to remove the whole tumor, praise God! I had a chance to read some of your web page, and hadn't commented yet, so am glad I could here. Thank you for sharing your story.
You *would* think those staples hurt, but amazingly enough, they didn't! It was so surreal to me at the time, pulling back my hair and looking at them, because they looked horrible but didn't bother me a bit! :)
God really IS so good, isn't He?
This sort of thing always seems to happen to people we don't know, but it happened to ME--a normal, average person. God really cares about each of us like that!!
That was a scarry time, but God was really in control of the whole thing, and it was so amazing to see how many people were praying for you!
Post a Comment